Silverfish is a common name applied to certain insects of the genera Lepisma and Thermobia, belonging to the bristletail order, Thysanura. Silverfish are wingless insects capable of extremely fast movement. Their bodies are covered with silvery scales, are tapered, and terminate in three long, jointed bristles. Silverfish are common household pests, feeding on starchy materials such as wallpaper, books, or starched clothing. They have been known to also cause serious damage to rayons. They could live for up to three years, and can cause great damage over a long period of time.
How to Identify Silverfish
- Silverfish are wingless insects.
- Silverfish are capable of extremely fast movement.
- Silverfish bodies are covered with silvery scales, are tapered, and terminate in three long, jointed bristles.
- Silverfish feed on starchy materials such as wallpaper, books, or starched clothing.
- Silverfish are mostly active at night
- Silverfish can hide and live in small cracks crevices in houses
Silverfish might not damage your home nor cause serious trouble earlier but the way silverfish multiply could be a nightmare for just about any homeowner or even businessmen. The growth of silverfish could lead to severe hassle.
If you found silverfish in your property, contact Select Pest and Termite Control for safe and effective silverfish control services in Melbourne and surrounds.